RSS

trying to make a difference through my words.

must watch movie: Made of Honor

My blog is so dead right now. lol. XD I actually have a pending entry but I'm too lazy to finish it. haha! So I'm going to start on a new entry so my blog won't have just 1 entry for the month of October. ugh. 

Anyway, our semestral break started already, actually a week had passed already. lol. And I did nothing but watch movies, Asian dramas and tv shows. I have a pretty boring life I know. haha! :D So to make those movie watching hours in use, here's another lame movie review from me. :) 

 Image from Google. :)

A guy in love with an engaged woman tries to win her over after she asks him to be her maid of honor.
(source: IMDb)

My Review: (spoiler alert) 

I can't believe I'm only doing a review about this movie now. lol. It's my second favorite movie of all time! :) Yes, next to Clueless. hehe. :) This is the major reason why I started to love Patrick Dempsey. :) I have to thank my mom on this, without her, I would have never discovered this great movie! :) 

So, okay, this movie came out on May 2008. It's a story about Tom and Hannah who met at a Halloween party and became best friends ever since. After 10 years of being friends, Tom is now a rich player who invented the so-called Coffee Collar and Hannah is an artist. They hang out every Sunday. They go to antique shops, Chinese restaurant and they wait in line to order at the "world's greatest bakery" XD After Tom's father's sixth wedding, Hannah tells Tom that she had to go to Scotland for her job. 6 Sundays without Hannah made Tom realize that he might have feelings for her. Tom was determined to tell Hannah how he feels when she gets back. But then, just as he was going to, Hannah was already engaged to a Scottish guy named Colin. Hannah asked Tom if he could be her Maid of Honor and that's where everything started. 

I'd love to tell the whole story but I want you guys to find out about it yourselves. :) Like what I did on my Clueless review, here are my comments. hehe. :) 

STORYLINE:
I think the story was great. Yes, it's a typical best friend-turn lovers kind of thing, but the whole guy-being-the-maid-of-honor was definitely a good twist to the story. You might have encountered a same kind of story line, like Julia Robert's My Best Friend's Wedding, but it's different really, especially the ending. hehe. :)

FAVORITE SCENE: [!]SPOILER ALERT[!]
AH! I can't pick a favorite scene. hehe. Because really, everything was awesome. :) Let me just enumerate my Top 5. hehe. :) 
1. The scene when Hannah was describing Tom's face and Tom was like "WOW!" XD
2. The scene when Hannah was guessing Tom's order at the bakery. :) That was really cute. :)
3. The scene where Hannah and Tom were eating cake and they were sharing. Cute as well. :)
4. The Highland games where Tom was wearing this short skirt. haha! :D
5. The passionate kiss at the "Scottish Bachelorette party" :)
To narrow them down to five was hard, I'm seriously still thinking of some good scenes. haha! :) 

CAST:
Patrick and Michelle's chemistry was awesome! :) They acted like real best friends. I didn't see any awkwardness whatsoever. Even the other cast were amazing. Kevin and Michelle also did a great job in acting like the most in love couple. Even Tom's friends were awesome. hehe. I had to rewind the part where they were getting ready for the Bachelorette party because it was super funny! :) (with the Tahitian Sunrise thingy. haha!!)

CAUGHT ON CAM:
I sooooo had to write this one down because it was unexpected really! haha! :D So, Hannah and Tom are best friends right? And when they say good bye or greet each other, they kiss on the cheek. Even at the Scottish Bachelorette party where Hannah was exchanging her kisses for change, they only kissed on the cheek. But when Tom and the bridesmaids first arrived at Colin's summer home in Scotland, Hannah and Tom greeted each other and they kissed on the LIPS/MOUTH! lol! :D I was super stunned when I noticed that scene and I had to rewind and pause it to make sure. haha! :) They kissed for like 3-5 seconds? It was really really cute!

RATING:
Again, a 5/5 SHINING STARS!! :DD

I hope my review somehow convinced you to watch this movie! :DD It's a great one, really!  :) 

-C

  • Digg
  • Del.icio.us
  • StumbleUpon
  • Reddit
  • RSS

0 comments: