RSS

trying to make a difference through my words.

the devastating NEWS

                                                                        image from Google.

Yesterday, October 7, 2011, my friend Erika tweeted, and I quote:

"WTH happened to NEWS. So heartbreaking. I want to cry. TT__TT"

Since I adore the Japanese boy-group NEWS so much, I asked her about it. She then tweeted me a link.


When I saw the headline, I was like "This can't be true! It's a joke right??" I read the short article and it hit me like a bullet! Tears started to dwell on my eyes, I checked the other NEWS-related community and it was also posted there. That was when the tears started to fall. The NEWS that I've loved for 3 and a half years (and still counting), the NEWS that inspired me, the NEWS that made me smile on my gloomy days just lost two of its members. One was even my ichiban. :( I can't believe it! I can't accept it! I never thought that this would happen. Right then and there, I needed a hug. And I was glad to have my co-fangirl friends there to grieve with me. I can't listen to any NEWS songs, I can't watch any NEWS videos, I tried to avoid every possible contact with NEWS, but I can't. I had a poster of them on my wall, I have Ryo and Tego pillows, my Livejournal was full of NEWS and my Tumblr dashboard was also full of them. Tears started falling again, I really felt heartbroken and betrayed.

I accepted Kibum and Kangin out of Super Junior, as well as Jin of KAT-TUN going solo, same goes with Alexander and Kibum being replaced in U-KISS, but Ryo and Yamapi leaving NEWS?! I just... I just can't. T.T

I'd like to think that the news was all just a joke, but no one claimed it to be false, no one counterfeited the news.

Until now, I'm still struggling, I still don't know if I'll be able to get over it. It's true that yesterday, I got angry at Ryo and Yamapi's decisions. They've been together for 8 years and they'll only quit now? I was disappointed at Ryo for choosing Kanjani8 over NEWS. I was disappointed at Yamapi for going solo. Honestly, right now, I'm still kind of angry and disappointed, but it will never get me anywhere so what's the point of getting angry anyway?

This news just explained why they didn't have any activities, just magazine shoots and interviews. This explained why Soukon only had Tego, Massu, Shige and Keii. This explained Yamapi's solo activities. We, fans, patiently waited for NEWS. Some even petitioned, and this is the "update" that they're going to tell us? *sigh*

I've never been this emotional over a boy-group before. I'm still on the verge of crying every time I listen to NEWS' songs. I've been a fan for 3 and a half years and I've been fully devoted to them. NEWS already had a place in my heart, and that's not just a metaphor. I love them so much! And when I say so much, I mean immeasurable-love SO MUCH. :D But really, kidding aside, I really love them a lot!

I guess I have no choice but to try to accept it little by little. I've got to let that fact sink in. I'm definitely going to support the 4 remaining members. The best thing that they need right now is the full support and love of all the NEWS fans. It may be a little weird at first but I'll try my best to never let them down. As for the two, I still don't know. Even though I love Ryo so much, I just can't come to a concrete decision. Am I still going to support and love them like before? I just don't know...

One thing is for sure, NEWS will forever be 6 in my heart. <3 #FOREVER6NIN


  • Digg
  • Del.icio.us
  • StumbleUpon
  • Reddit
  • RSS

0 comments: