RSS

trying to make a difference through my words.

must watch movie: Clueless



A US West Coast teen lifestyle parody centered around Cher, a popular high school girl who spends her days playing match-make, helping her friends with fashion choices, and looking for a boyfriend.
(source: IMDb)

My Review: (may contain some spoilers)

So, okay, this is my first movie review on my blog even though I have watched like a thousand movies, mainly because it's my favorite movie ever! :) It's actually a 1995 movie. Yeah, I was only like 2 years old when this movie came out. hehe. Don't fret, even though it's an old movie, you can totally relate to the story plus you wouldn't really notice that it's an old film, except I guess for their cellphones (and they still have pagers). lol. :) But I really really love this movie! I swear! I watched this movie like 50 times already. No kidding! That's how much I love this movie. When I first found out about this movie, thanks to my aunt, I was so impressed, inspired and satisfied that I watched it again! haha! So, anyway, I know this movie by heart so I'm going to make a systematic review for all you. haha. :) If anyone reads this anyway. :)

SPOILERS ALERT!


STORYLINE:
The story was great. Yes, it's one of those high school life flicks but its got a unique twist of its own. The flow of the scenes were amazing and the the events that happened at the end were totally unexpected, at least for me anyway. lol. At first actually, I was totally confused, because [!] Cher ended up with her step-brother Josh. Okay, I know it's weird right? Family? But after watching it several times and researching about it on the web, I found out that Cher and Josh aren't really related. Josh's dad was not Cher's dad. They just became step-sibling because Cher's father and Josh's mother had this "relationship" but that was already 5 years ago, as said in the story. lol. So, basically, there was no blood relation and they can freely end up together. hehe. [!] What I like about the story is the fact that Cher tries to help out other people when she was the clueless one herself.

FAVORITE SCENE:
My favorite scene would be the very last scene. Yes, the scene where Cher and Josh kissed! haha! This actually is the reason why I keep on watching this movie. The scene at the end was so convincingly sweet and real that I just can't help but smile every single time I watch that part. They both looked so happy and so satisfied that it can really warm your heart, that's what I felt anyway. lol. Sometimes I would even wish that the two were really dating in real life. haha! Their chemistry with each other is priceless! Snaps for that! :D

CAST:
I had nothing against everyone. Alicia, Paul, Stacey, Brittany, Breckin and everyone else did an awesome job! Their acting was so convincing, their facial expressions are just real! I guess that's why they're Hollywood actresses and actors. haha! :) But really, they all played their roles very well.

CAUGHT ON CAM:
I honestly don't know why I labeled this as caught on cam. lol. But I have this movie mistakes? or whatever that I noticed (blame me for watching it for 50 times. lol.)
1. Car driving on a road - There was this scene there where Cher was with Elton in a car because he was going to take her home, they drove past trough "this" street. Then later on, there was another car scene. This time it's Cher and Josh and guess what? lol. The scene where Elton and Cher drove past a street came up again. It was the exact same scene! XD
2. Cher taking her driver's license test - So Cher was with this driver's license coach and because she isn't a good driver, she almost hit a biker on the other side of the road. When that scene came up, the angle changed. Know why? Because it wasn't Cher/Alicia anymore. lol. yeah. And this other scene when she hit a pot or something, it wasn't Cher anymore too. :DD

RATING:
Because I'm bias, I'm rating this a 5/5. :D But of course we have our own likes and dislikes so I could love this movie so much but who knows if you will too. This is just a recommendation anyway. :D



Hope my review somewhat helped. I don't know. haha! :D Just try to watch it, you won't regret it! :DD

  • Digg
  • Del.icio.us
  • StumbleUpon
  • Reddit
  • RSS

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

i always wanted alicia and paul to date in real life too they have cute chemistry, i wish they would just reunite already and make another movie together i miss my josh and cher

CHAS said...

OMG! YES! another movie with them together would be so epic! :D

blakroses^^ said...

hi..i've read your comment in entertainment king..and i supposed that you watch pretty little liars from season 1 right ? can know where you downloaded ? pls ?

CHAS said...

you can download all the episodes of season 1 on a livejournal community named haseon-x3. :)