RSS

trying to make a difference through my words.

Kobe in Manila

Okay, I know this happened days ago but what the heck! I still want to blog about it. haha! :D This would be a long entry, trust me! haha! XD

The Angel in Disguise

So, last week, I got the news that Nike Philippines is bringing Kobe Bryant back in Manila. I badly wanted to see him so I checked on how to get tickets but failed to get some info. When I was already losing hope, Tim Yap (a local celebrity) tweeted about a Kobe Bryant in Manila ticket giveaway. Because I'm a huge fan of the Lakers, I've decided to give it a shot and tweet him about wanting to have the ticket. Another reason why I wanted to win was because my dad is a fan of Kobe, and it would be so awesome if he gets to see him. So, yeah, I patiently waited for his giveaway details on twitter. I even tweeted him several times asking him when he'll announce the details on how one can win the tickets. I actually even used my second twitter account to spam him with "I want to win the Kobe tickets!" or "Please, let me win the Kobe tickets!" Desperate times call for desperate measures. hehe! :DD


Anyway, on July 11, 2 days before the said event, I was awaken by the loud chattering of my mom and my aunt. Because I'm a twitter addict, the first thing I do when I wake up every morning is get my phone, open my wifi and check out tweetcaster (a twitter app). I was looking forward to seeing the winners of the tickets and I opened my 2nd account because that's where I expect to win (because like what I said, I spammed Tim Yap with that account. lol.) I opened Tim Yap's profile and was so shocked to see this!


Ohyess! My official twitter account won! haha! It was soooo unexpected because I only tweeted Tim a few times with that account. haha! :DD I was so shocked when I read it and I opened my 1st account to check my mentions and there it was! haha! I was so happy that I almost jumped on my bed. lol. I thanked Tim Yap and literally called him an angel! :D But unfortunately, the event was on a Wednesday so my dad couldn't go with me because he had work. :( (he's on the night shift) So, I've decided to bring my brother along. Tim tweeted the details on how to get our tickets and I asked (more like forced actually. lol.) a close friend of mine to go with me. :)

The Journey

We had Tuesday classes but we got dismissed early because our professor had a meeting to go to, we had 4 hours of break time, so my friend and I decided to get the tickets. I was actually kind of nervous because neither of us knew the place and the hotel, but with the help of Google map, we knew how to get there. haha!

We asked our friends on how to get to a(n) MRT station, and they told us that the station is beside McDonald's. We rode a jeepney and was looking closely outside to see if we can spot any McDonald's. Then we did spot one, at first we hesitated because there was obviously no MRT station but in the end we've decided to go there anyway. We crossed the street and looked around for the station, there was no sign of a station anywhere. We walked and asked a security guard and he told us that the station is still far from where we are. lol. So we took a jeepney again, but this time, we asked the driver to tell us if it's the station already. haha! Luckily there were some students who were going to ride the station too so when we got off the jeepney, we followed them and success we saw the station! XD We got our Ayala tickets and waited for the MRT. We got on and of course, I was scared to death. haha! I don't ride the MRT often that's why. lol. When our station was announced we got off, got down the long stairs and looked for the Dusit Thani Hotel. I glanced at my left and there it was, the fancy-looking hotel. :D We didn't know where to go so we asked the guard where the lobby was. haha! So we got to the lobby, asked a lady there, gave my last name and handed over my ID and I got my tickets! :D Xy (my close friend) and I decided to have lunch in SM Makati. After having lunch, we both decided to ditch our last class and go window shopping and mall hopping! (do not imitate us! haha!)



My tickets and the very sweet handwritten note that I got from Tim Yap! :D
(I wish all local celebrities are like him. :D)


The Day

We have three subjects during Wednesdays, but because God is good, we only had one subject! :D I immediately went home and when I got home, my brother was already ready to go. Because I felt haggard and quite tired, I changed my clothes and had something to eat first. After that, my brother and I went to Araneta. We had two jeepney rides and when we got there, there were a lot of people outside. When we got inside, the Coliseum was already full of people. So we failed to get good seats. We settled down and waited. Then, after the very awesome entrance, Kobe went out the stage! The crowd were ecstatic to see him and the Coliseum was full of chants, shouts and cheers. Kobe was interviewed then he sat down to watch a 10-minute game between the Smart Gilas and the UAAP All-Stars. :D The UAAP All-Stars lost, then suddenly, Kobe requested to add 8minutes to the game. He then wore a yellow FEU jersey and did some warm-up shooting.


Kobe actually wasn't shooting, he was only assisting. But, he made the fans roar (lol. that's like the literal verb for it. XD) when he did an AWESOME DUNK! Check out my video below! :D



In the end, the UAAP All-Stars still lost. But there's no doubt that everyone had a great time! :D

Super long entry. hehe. :D I had an amazing experience so, I can't help myself. :D Thanks again Tim Yap for giving me and my brother the opportunity to experience this amazing event! :D For the second time around I proved that GOOD THINGS COME WHEN YOU LEAST EXPECT IT.


  • Digg
  • Del.icio.us
  • StumbleUpon
  • Reddit
  • RSS

0 comments: