RSS

trying to make a difference through my words.

Korean: Korean Drama Cliche'

Cliche' (noun) : something that has become overly familiar; ordinary


I wasn't really planning to blog about this but since it just came in my mind, why not. lol. 
So, I'm a big fan of Asian dramas! As in! May it be Japanese, Korean or Taiwanese. I specifically watched 61 dramas to date. lol. With that, I can't help but feel bored sometimes whenever I see a familiar scene all over again, specially with Korean dramas.

So yeah, to get this out of my system, I'm  going to enumerate 5 of the uber common Korean scenes that you could see in almost every K-drama! :D


5. Matching Cellphones


Yes, I've seen this in a few dramas. The two leads always have the same phone. Most of the time too even the third wheel or those who are involved in the love triangle or love square (lol) also have the same phones. :D How destined! lol. Anyway, yes, one example is the drama Secret Garden. They used the same phone but in different colors. :)

4. Finding Something


There are always incidents when one will throw something somewhere and the other one would try to retrieve it by finding it for a whole day. :) One example is a scene in the drama You're Beautiful/He's Beautiful - the one when Mi Nam was trying to find the ring. I'm sorry if I can't find a picture, I really tried my best to search for it. lol.

3. Carrying


Someone always has to carry someone on their back. haha! Either the girl's drunk or just wanted to be carried by the guy. In Coffee Prince though, the girl even carried the guy!


HAHA! SEE! The reason why I love Coffee Prince and Gong Yoo and Eun Hye so much! :D They're down for anything! Anyway, the carrying thing might be cliche'  but it's still sweet, cute and sometimes even funny to see!

2. Smack Kisses


Okay. Before you get the wrong impression, I'm not liberated or anything. haha! It's just that sometimes, you can feel a person's love by how passionately he/she kisses right? lol. Anyway, while I'm used to this kind of kissing in dramas, I can't help it sometimes to ask for more. More than just a peck on the cheek, more than just a smack. It's more about the passion for me I guess. But this is just my opinion anyway. 

1. Airport Scenes


And of course the number 1 scene... the AIRPORT SCENES! haha! Really, you can't watch a Korean drama without seeing an airport! One airport cliche' would probably be the airport finding scenes, where one tries to run around the airport to search for the one that he/she loves. But even though some dramas doesn't have that kind of mix into it, definitely there would always be an airport scene in one way or another. Like going somewhere for a trip, going back to Korea, just something like that. 

So anyway, that's it! Of course there are more similar scenes in Korean dramas (e.g. Coffee Shops, hospitals, karaoke houses, etc) but this are just the ones that I highly see the most. 

Anyway, that's all for my blog update! ha! :D Any drama recommendation? :D

-C

  • Digg
  • Del.icio.us
  • StumbleUpon
  • Reddit
  • RSS

0 comments: